Thursday, September 20, 2007

you blog AND you leave me feeling slighly perturbed

We are all making this up as we go along.

Whoever posts first, wins, right? If I uncover a new app because of someone else's post about said app, I am supposed to give credit to that person. As if he is suddenly Ponce de Leon, a pioneer. And for what? For sharing with a small audience something he most assuredly uncovered from someone else's blog?

What the *#%K is going on here? Am I suddenly back in middle school? Is it really such a source of pride and joy to state that you shared an app before others?

Oh, nice new shoes, Ken. I had those. Anyhow, enjoy them.

How many more times do I need to listen to someone tell me, "oh, I saw that yesterday. I already posted about it"? What are you proving? What's the real prize, the tangible, take-it-with-you award, for posting first?

Wow! Will you be the next ed-tech guru, running around the globe, speaking about theory and tentacles, adding links with snipurl and tinyurl?

And the reward? Someone? Anyone?

No comments: