There are three levels of wiki sign up and it pays to have a clear plan for signing up whenever a teacher goes about class-wide sign up.
- Ask students to choose which level of wiki user best fits:
- Have wiki account and knows necessary log-in information
- Have wiki account, but does not remember password
- New to wikispaces
- Move on the group #2. Have them go through the necessary steps to retrieve their passwords.
- Work with the newbies, but encourage shoulder partners (presumably some #1's and #2's) to provide support.
Congratulations! You've completed a required step in an efficient manner. Yes, you could have assigned this sign-up process as homework, but you realize that going through this process as a class is, like many other whole class activities, valuable.
And having everyone do this in class sends the message that the wiki is important.