Tuesday, October 2, 2007

a 3.0 x 5.0 message

Of all the new-fangled, ooh-aah ways to request for a meeting, I have to say today's method was amusingly low-tech.



Every day, I check four email accounts, read over RSS feeds, and survey the blogiverse. But I rarely check my rectangular mail receptacle in the "Professional" "Library".

The seemingly endless talks, tweets, and blog posts about getting teachers on board with technology is great, but how many of us really work with index-card communicators?

Apparently I do, and this is why I've decided that being in a building is crucial if someone wants to truly convey to the assembled masses what it takes to really create a culture of change.

To all in the buildings, HOO-RAH!

2 comments:

Kristin Hokanson said...

My problem with the "low tech" method is that sometimes some one will leave me a note (on my chair--because it is important and they want me to see it as I sit down) without realizing that I rarely sit down at my desk...I am IN the building, but rarely tied to the physical location of my desk. Folks are learning...if is it urgent, they contact me electronically--if not, a note on my chair will do

Ken Rodoff said...

what message are they really sending when they leave a message on your chair?

they must know you may very well sit on it...intentionally!