Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Dope-ler Radar

Having just returned from PETE&C (Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo & Conference), I find myself watching snowflakes fall and marvel over the uncertainty of weather reporting.

Just 24 hours ago, well-dressed weather-tainers reported with smiling certainty that 6+ inches would fall here in southeastern, PA. Now, 1 inch max.

Just 24 hours ago, a conference center full of tech educators and administrators shared a vision about the future of education. Over and over, I heard that today's students need to be educated for jobs that do not even exist. These jobs could be at least a decade away.

So I'm wondering: why is the 10 year forecast for education more accurate than a day away weather prediction?

And better yet, why do I believe the outlook for education and disgregard the weather

No comments: